Well today we got a query from one of our viewers and he wanted to know how to root Motorola Milestone X2 running on 2.3.6 and we started searching online as we always write in our disclaimer that we are always to help our viewers but could not find any relevant topic then we headed over to XDA and guess what at XDA which is Macca of Android. We found a thread where we found solution of rooting Motorola Milestone X2 running on Android 2.3.6 and doing this is not so tough. So let us head over to the article on how to root Motorola Milestone X2 on 2.3.6.
Well we say it always and we mean it that we will not be responsible for anything happening during process of rooting your Motorola milestone X2 however we will provide you complete support on this and you need not chase us as we are available 24/7.
Files to download and prerequisites
You need to have ADB drivers of your phone in your system and you may get it from Android SDK. Enable USB debugging on your phone and for that you may refer to below image. Also you need to have superuser installed and get it from here.
Download adb fastboot from here and get the root.zip file from here.
After this you may follow below instructions and root your Motorola Milestone X2 on 2.3.6.
- Extract these zip files to a location that is easy to get to, the original instructions suggested making a Root folder in C:, however it is really up to you. Just make sure all the files are extracted to the same folder.
- Get your phone into Fastboot mode, to do this:
- Shut the phone off.
- Hold down the Volume Down Button while pressing the Power Button.
- After the phone turns on you should see Fastboot at the top of the screen.
- Press the Volume Up Button to enter Fastboot mode. Your computer may need to install drivers if this is the first time you entered Fastboot mode, so let this happen BEFORE proceeding.
- Start a command prompt on your computer.
- Type the following commands:
- cd <DIRECTORY> where <DIRECTORY> is the folder you created. If you created the Root folder in C: it would be cd root.
- fastboot flash preinstall root.img
- fastboot reboot
- Wait for the phone to reboot, once it does so execute the following commands (in the command prompt you should still have open):
- adb shell
- On your phone you should see a prompt to Allow or Deny Superuser access, allow this. Then execute the following commands (in the command prompt you should still have open)
- mount -o rw,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk0p12 /system
- cp /preinstall/su /system/bin/su
- chmod 6755 /system/bin/su
Do let us know if you face any problem in doing this and we would help you for sure.
Category: How to
About the Author (Author Profile)Abhishek is the founder of iPhoneAndroidTips.org and have network of blogs under his name. A gadget freak guy who has all possible gadgets with him and love to experiment with it and writes in his free time. He loves to play with his Galaxy Note, Galaxy Tab, Samsung Galaxy S2, HTC and Motorola Defy and XDA addict.
Sites That Link to this Post
- Rooting Motorola Milestone X2 Issues - Android Forums | June 8, 2012