It seems today we are on a trail of writing articles on Cyanogenmod 9 ROM for phone as just now we had an article on MIUI 4 cyanogenmod 9 based ROM for Samsung galaxy 3 and now once again we are back with Cyanogenmod 9 ROM for your AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II SGH-I777. In coming days you will be seeing our blog covering all the ROM articles for popuar phones from XDA and then we will move on to tips and tricks and other news articles. We will also try to be regular with our articles as in last few days we were not able to do that so and I am sure you might have known the reason. We changed our theme and many things which were important to be in the fierce competition in Android. Now when we talk about this article, today we are going to feature Cyanogenmod 9 ICS ROM on AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II SGH-I777. This ROM is a recent launch and this is developed by ktoonsez who is senior member of XDA. Now let us not waste time and move to the article with ROM introduction, back up, steps to installation of this ROM.
About ROM and developer
Well as we said this is a Cyanogenmod 9 ROM for AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II SGH-I777 which is obviously based on Ice cream sandwich and this is developed by a senior member so if you are member of XDA then do not forget to thank him.
Disclaimer and Prerequisites
Neither we nor the developer will be responsible of anything goes wrong to your device during or after installation of this ROM however we will provide you full support so that you do not lose your galaxy s2. Also before you install this ROM let us tell you that it should be installed only on AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II SGH-I777 and no other device. Also please make sure that USB debugging is on and your Galaxy S2 has at least 70% of battery charged with it.
Take Back up and Download ROM
To take back up you may follow these steps,
Take back up of SMS: click HERE.
Take back up of videos, images, songs: Take back up on either internal or external SD card.
Take back up of contacts: click HERE.
Take back up of call log: click HERE
Download the ROM here
Download Google apps from here
Update Cyanogenmod 9 ICS ROM on AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II SGH-I777
- download it from above and then transfer it on root of your SD card and for this connect your phone to computer via USB cable.
- Now get in to recovery mode by pressing the volume up button with home and power button
- Once you are in to recovery mode user volume up and down button to navigate and then select install from zip card and then select the zip file which you have downloaded.
- Once you are done tap on back and then repeat the same process with google apps file as well and then tap on Wipe Dalvik and Cache and once it is done tap on reboot system.
- Your phone will reboot and you will have latest Cyanogenmod 9 ICS ROM on AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II SGH-I777.